1. General heating system covered by contract
- The central heating unit and gas supply from the appliance isolating cock
- Radiators, thermostatic radiator valves and associated pipe work
- Motorized valves and the cylinder thermostat including the pump
- Temperature and pressure controls
- Feed and expansion tank
- The primary flue
- System programmer / timer
2. Annual service
A full central heating service will be carried out annually. In the case of a landlord property a landlord’s certificate will be produced. The service cleaning and any necessary adjustments will be carried out at this service. Where possible any fault found during the service will be rectified at the time of service.
- Contract customers will receive priority same day call out where possible
- All calls will be attended within 24 hrs subject to any abnormal workload
- No charge will be made for the labour or materials
- Contract customers will have access to an engineer during weekends and holidays via our out of hours on call number
- No responsibility can be taken for the delivery of replacement parts from suppliers
- All replacement parts supplied will be where possible on a like for like basis
3b. Replacement of the central heating system
If components or replacement parts are not reasonably available the contract does not allow for the replacement or renewal of any central heating appliance or warm air unit or any part thereof.
4. Exclusions – the following are not covered by the contract
- The replacement of any decorative parts
- Programming of the timing and temperature controls
- Any domestic water supply from the hot water cylinder or gas appliance to and including the taps
- The fabric of the building, any pipe work or flue buried within it
- Cold water feeds – outlet from the cold water tank
- Any damage resulting from the failure of the water or electric supply
- Any damage or defect caused by fire, flood, lightning, storm, tempest, frost, subsidence, structural repairs, accident, explosion or impact or any other extraneous cause
- Any damage or loss arising as a result of a defect occurring in the central heating system
- Hot water cylinder and cold water tank (this can be covered at an additional cost)
- Any work descaling or hard water scale deposits
- Any repairs / modifications needed because of design faults ( unless we are responsible), or faults which existed before you entered into the agreement or which we could not identify on our first service or inspection of that particular system using reasonable care and skill
- Improvements including work that is needed to bring your system up to current standards
5. Payment and renewal of contract
- Payment can be made in full annually or by twelve monthly standing order payments.
- If payment is made by monthly standing order each payment must be made in the manner specified by BD Hockin Ltd. The contract will be terminated immediately if the customer fails to make a due payment.
- The contract remains valid only as long as payment is continued. Any delay in payment will result in the contract becoming void.
- The customer will be notified of any price increase prior to the renewal anniversary.
- Termination of contract - A minimum of 28 days notice is required from the customer or B D Hockin Ltd. Any payments made are non refundable.
- The company reserves the right to decline a renewal of any contract.
- If the ownership of the property changes the new owner shall benefit from the remainder of the period of the contract providing full payment has been received or payment is continued by the new owner.
- If the customer decides to cancel their contract any work carried out will be invoiced in full.
6. Condition of central heating system
BD Hockin Ltd reserves the right to withhold at any time any contract offered for reasons of safety, accessibility for service or obsolete parts. The company does not accept responsibility for any inadequacy attributed to the original design and make no warranty as to the fitness for purpose or condition of the system.
7. Access to property
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure access to the property. If we cannot gain access despite having made an appointment we will inform the customer and book another appointment. If we are still unable to gain access the engineer’s time will be chargeable.
- Landlords – It is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure we can gain access when appointments have been made. If we are unable to gain access we will inform you. Should we have a second no access the engineers time will be chargeable.
8. Before your contract can begin
We will carry out an initial inspection of the system or appliance to make sure they are safe and in good working order. If the inspection reveals a problem we will:
- Tell you of any work required and the cost to you
- Decline to offer a contract until such time as the fault has been rectified
9. Our right to amend the terms and conditions
BD Hockin Gas Engineers Ltd reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contract with due notice to the customer.
10. Contact details
- Phone - 01271 324913 during office hours 9am to 5pm
- E-mail - email@example.com
- By post - BD Hockin Gas Engineers Ltd, Hillside Cottage, Bickington, Devon EX31 2JG